To say that 2015 was merely a fruitful year for our team would be an extreme understatement. Looking back, it’s truly hard to imagine a year with more challenges, triumphs, growth and fun then the one coming to a close today. Just take a look at this quick overview of our our last year, and you’ll see what I mean:
- Ben was delighted to have his award-winning illustration, Differences, featured in Von Glitschka’s book, Take and Make Art.
- New window signage was installed in our space.
- Fruitful forged a new partnership with healthcare technology company, H4T, to design an internal application called “Compass” and an iOS app called “Eobee”.
- Dillon’s Illustrations were featured in a gallery show at The 402 Arts Collective.
- We began a partnership with friend Raj Lulla and his new client LifeChurch.
- Fruitful Friends Nic and Erin became board members of the newly formed Letter Arts Alliance of Nebraska.
- We began working with developer Chris Kollars on a dynamic site for a unique laser level product called SureHang.
- Our client, Trios Salon, celebrated 10 years of business.
- Began working with the international ministry, Deaf Missions, in Council Bluffs on a new brand.
- Revealed branding and packaging design for Hardy Coffee Co.
- Completed logo designs for Eobee, SureHang, Urban Amp, and Bailey Recording.
- Baxters Pizza stopped serving lunch on Mondays – and a beloved weekly tradition was ended.
- We helped our client Hardy Coffee Co. celebrate the grand opening of their new roastery.
- The entire Fruitful team was honored to attend the annual Big Omaha event together.
- Our client Zinnia was accepted into the prestigious StraightShot business accelerator program.
- We acquired some new office furniture: three custom desks handmade by our friends at Timbersmith and two comfy, teal “chouchairs”.
- Fruitful celebrated 2 years of ful- time business at our packed Fruitful Morning open house party!
- Zinnia began StraightShot and acquired the outstanding Lara Butler as a summer intern.
- The talented Josh Foo took a bunch of fun, new team photos for our upcoming website.
- We helped launch a simple, beta version of a freshly pivoted gozinnia.com
- Dillon, Chris and Ben we’re excited to attend the yearly Owl Ride event, that Fruitful helped rebrand, in partnership with Nicolas Fredrickson.
- Hired our first full-time employee – the heroic and phenomenal Erin Pille!
- The competent and beautiful Meg Lueders expanded her role at Fruitful to include all project management, and began creating our famed, weekly Monday Emails for our clients.
- Launched our new Fruitful website in partnership with our friend Chris Kollars.
- Began partnering with the newly formed financial services marketing company, Mineral Interactive.
- Ty and Terri Schenzel, the beloved founders of The Hope Center for Kids, passed away in a tragic car accident – two days after we began meeting with them about a new design project. A newfound wave of inspiration swept our community as we reflected on the full lives they led.
- Our exceptional development partner Chris Kollars moved to Portland to work full-time at the extraordinary design firm FuzzCo.
- The 402 hosts their wildly successful TRY Event – that we helped promote.
- Zinnia enjoyed participating in StraightShot’s Demo Day event – which resulted an an influx of sales and publicity that helped carry them through the rest of the year.
- Ben was honored to serve as a judge for the first ever AIGA student show at Southeast Community College in Lincoln.
- We collaborated with Sharon Davis at Arbor Street Studios to create a 10 ft square piece of art for Coram Deo church’s 10 Year Party.
- Deaf Missions launched the new branding we crafted for them.
- Fruitful moved their office from above Aromas Benson, to below it – in a new storefront space that is almost 3 times the size of our previous space.
- Nic got married! Ben was honored to be a groomsman, and Jonah (the official Fruitful mascot) was honored to be the ring-bearer.
- The Hope Center for Kids held their annual Gala event in honor of Ty and Terri’s service.
- We were honored to host a two-week internship for SCC student Valerie Wissenburg.
- Raj, Meg, Erin and Ben got new business cards.
- Purchased a 7ft conference table from our friends at Gracie Table in Montana.
- Fruitful opened its new office doors to AIGA Show contestants and became the Omaha drop-off location for entries.
- Began working with information experts Cole Info, to brand a new product called Fetch.
- Baxter’s Pizza officially closed its doors after Halloween night, thus ending an extraordinary age of culinary delight in Benson.
- The Fruitful team was delighted to receive 3 awards from the annual AIGA Nebraska Show event: bronze for The Hope gala invite design, silver for the SureHang website, and gold for the Hardy Coffee Co package design.
- Began branding an exciting new coffee shop in the Bennington NE area (more details to come!)
- Finished our second annual report for The Nature Conservancy of Idaho.
- Finished two new branding projects for our clients, Hidden Valley Community Church, in Wisconsin, and Academy Christian Church in Colorado
- Erin kicked off the gallery show for her esteemed Potato Sadly comic series at The 402.
- Fruitful was honored to do the branding and being a premier sponsor for the 2nd annual Startup Holiday Party. Zinnia also sponsored the event.
- Released a large-format info-graphic style illustration for Gracie furniture, showing their table-building processes.
- Hosted the first Holiday Party for The Letter Arts Alliance of Nebraska
- StoneBridge Millard installed new signage of the branding we created with Nic Fredrickson
- Sam Lueders began helping with weekly janitorial duties around the office – and led us in a few Nerf battles.
- Saw Star Wars VII as a Fruitful team at 7am the morning after its release.
- Installed new signage on the storefront of our space.
Here’s to another Fruitful year in 2016!
Art Director + Owner